Saturday, February 9, 2013

Dr Gloom, Dr Nice & Dr Handsome

So it's been 4 days since I was discharged from hospital and I still have a really not so nice side effect. I decided to call the urologist (let's call him Dr Gloom) to ask for advice. He did not return my call, I had to phone him about 3 times before actually speaking to him. I detailed what I was experiencing and curtly he said, "Well that could be a result of a number of factors, but I cannot advise you over the phone you need to come into my office so I can explain." He then went on to state what he thinks it might be which is basically as a result of him discharging me too quickly and removing the catheter earlier than he should have.

Uhm, seriously dude? So now after completely traumatising me with bad news, doing the wrong thing after the operation AND admitting it - you now want me to come to your office and PAY for the pleasure of your explanation and possible further abuse. I don't think so.

Today I phoned my GP (let's call her Dr Nice) and she has recommended another urologist. By her own admission apparently urologists are not the most congenial of creatures in general. She also recommended a course of action, which is more than Dr Gloom did. In addition I still have to phone the oncologist (Dr Handsome) for the biopsy result and an appointment to discuss my options. That will be early next week.

In other MUCH happier news, I have to say a HUGE thank you to all of you who have sent me kind messages and generous donations. I am truly blown away by the awesome response to my request. If ever I doubted I was loved and supported, I really don't anymore. Thank you everyone!!


No comments:

Post a Comment