Tuesday, December 31, 2013

2013 - the year in review

1.       Did you keep your New Years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I never make NY resolutions as it’s pointless, never keep ‘em. I do however have some wishes for the year ahead but that’s another story

2.  Did anyone close to you give birth?
My ex dawg, Lulu had a puppy litter hehe

3.  Did anyone close to you die?
Yes, my dear uncle Fred L

4.  What countries did you visit?
In books quite a few, in actual reality, SA only

5. What would you like to have in 2014 that you lacked in 2013?
Perfect health

6.  What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Just getting on with each and every day and trying not to lose faith that this too shall pass.

7.  What was your biggest failure?
2 failed relationships. Having to concede that I can no longer afford the big house with pool and picket fence – therefore simplified my life by moving to Southern suburbs to a smaller place. Not a failure as such more a sideways sensible move.

8.  What was the best thing you bought?
My laptop, a tablet for Rhi J - oooh and my lovely new car Hyundai i20

9.  Whose behavior merited celebration?
Rhiannon’s – against all odds passing from Gr 5 to Gr 6 even with the challenge of changing schools mid year due to our moving house and suburb.

10.  Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Our dear government – no surprise there. Also a few of my so-called friends who are now nowhere to be seen  / heard. No names, no pack drill.

11.  Where did most of your money go?
Medical expenses

12.  What did you get really excited about?
The prospect of my health being revived through alternate treatments as well as some of the less medical but more spiritual work I did to combat my dis-ease.

13.  What song will always remind you of 2013?
None really resonates

14.  Compared to this time last year, are you happier or sadder?
A little sadder but a lot wiser and less naive.

15.  Thinner or fatter?
Thinner but not in a good way – need to pick up weight again- lost due to ill health

16.  Richer or poorer?
Richer for a change

17.  What do you wish you'd done more of?
Writing my blog and book

18.  What do you wish you'd done less of?
Worrying about crap that I have no control over. Worrying about my health. Worrying about stupid failed relationships that should not have started in the first place.

19.  How did you spend Christmas?
We had a great little Christmas with our immediate family.

20.  Did you fall in love in 2013?
Nope

21.  What was your favorite TV program?
Still Grey’s Anatomy

22.  Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
I try NOT to hate, sometimes it’s hard. I dislike intensely some people that have hurt me really badly

23.  What was the best book you read?
Between Mother and Child – Elizabeth Noble

24.  What was your greatest musical discovery?
No new music – rediscovered some great oldies though J

25.  What did you want and get?
A fair outcome at my place of work – a financial windfall that I doubted would materialize. Also my lovely new Hyundai i20 (car)

26.  What did you want and not get?
To get better this year L

27.  What were your favorite films of this year
Watched too many but none really stand out as classics

28.  What did you do on your birthday?
Went to dinner at a lovely restaurant with some friends

29.  How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2013?
WHAHAHAHA – have none – own personal style which no one else likes or understands

30.  What kept you sane?
Family and friends, the internet

31.  Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
None – do people actually answer this??

32.  What political issue stirred you the most?
Our government is a joke – not stirred so much as appalled and bemused

33.  Who did you miss?
Eric – always. My friend Mark who died a while ago. Friends who seem to have deserted me.

34.  Who was the best new person you met?
Barry du Plooy J

35.  Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2013?
Forgiveness is key to healing

36.  Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
I took my love, I took it down
Climbed a mountain and I turned around
I saw my reflection in the snow covered hills
’till the landslide brought me down

Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love
Can the child within my heart rise above
Can I sail thru the changing ocean tides
Can I handle the seasons of my life

(Fleetwood Mac – Landslide)

1 comment:

  1. I am glad you're still with us, and I am a little jealous of your new car!
    :D

    ReplyDelete