Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Me and Bertha


Remember that song me and Bobby McGee? Well I have a variation on that now. Me and Bertha my bag. Sigh. Don’t mean to be gross but let’s back track shall we. I went in to hospital (Panorama Mediclinic, awesome hospital!) on Monday for a kidney procedure to have the left side drained to try to clear blockage. This is all in aid of improving kidney function so I can continue with treatment. So had the procedure done. The hospital and staff were absolutely amazing and awesome. I never want to go to any other hospital again. They were truly wonderful. I was discharged on Tuesday morning with an attachment – a drain from the kidney pipe. The doc says I need to keep this on till next Wednesday when I see him again. He will then measure creatine levels and schedule a stent operation for left side kidney. I am feeling good on the whole. The pain I had when I went into hospital was awful but that has now subsided and any pain I do experience is manageable with painkillers. So for now it’s me and Bertha the bag. 

5 comments:

  1. quite an experieince my friend.. I am just so happy that you are keeping a positive outlook on this all. You are a strong woman! Dont ever forget that. Honestly, I doubt I would be half as positive about this all as you are. You are amazing! Love, as always, and much hugs.. A.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fanks Llama - continue with the rah rahing - it's working - love ya x

      Delete
  2. You know we have known each other for 18+ years...... And u remain fabulous. Bag or no bag. You are just the Bee I KNOW and LOVE.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fanks Wench we are warrior women to the ends of the earth and back - love you my friend! x

      Delete
  3. Saving your kidneys is HUGE! I am SO glad for you!

    ReplyDelete